[vtkusers] hardware cutting planes

Larry Kellogg lkellogg19 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:46:18 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,
Does anybody know if VTK supports hardware cutting planes, and if so, how do you use them?
Right now I'm using vtkClipPolyData to simulate a cuttingplane, but this is too slow on large models.  I know video cards and openGL support several cutting planes in hardware, so you can move them around your scene in real time, without any lag whatsoever.  These hardware cutting planes don't have all the features that vtkClipPolyData has like capping geometry or intersection lines, but I just need a simple fast cutting plane.  Does VTK support hardware cutting planes?
Thanks,
Larry