[vtkusers] Fwd: About relationship between a point and a cube

Rong Xu xurong1981 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:55:09 EDT 2012

Dear David Daria:

2012/4/20 David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>

> 2012/4/19 Rong Xu <xurong1981 at gmail.com>
>
>> Dear all:
>>
>> I am doing work on a judgement about relationship between a point and an
>> arbitrary cube. I have known the 8 coordinates of  the cube vertex and have
>> draw it out, and also I have known the coordinate of one point. Then I want
>> to judge whether this point is inside the cube or outside the cube.
>>
>> One of my idea is first I rotate the arbitrary cube to make its three
>> edges coincide with three axises (x, y, and z), and make one of its
>> vertices on the origin of the coordinate system. But I don't know whether
>> there are methods in VTK that can be used to realize this purpose ? Or does
>> anyone have any other ideas on judging the relationship between the point
>> and the cube ?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your ideas !
>>

> I'm not sure I followed completely, but it sounds like you might be
> looking for a "point inside object" test?
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PointInsideObject

That'a very useful to realize my purpose, and also save my much time !

Thank you very much!

--

Best Regards!

Rong Xu,  Ph.D Student
Ohya Lab
Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication
Studies (GITS), Waseda University
1-6-1 Nishi Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan (¨“169-8050)

Tel:          +81-80-4208-1207

E-mail:     xurong1981 at gmail.com
               xurong at fuji.waseda.jp