[vtkusers] About relationship between a point and a cube

Rong Xu xurong1981 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:07:16 EDT 2012

Dear all:

I am doing work on a judgement about relationship between a point and an
arbitrary cube. I have known the 8 coordinates of  the cube vertex and have
draw it out, and also I have known the coordinate of one point. Then I want
to judge whether this point is inside the cube or outside the cube.

One of my idea is first I rotate the arbitrary cube to make its three edges
coincide with three axises (x, y, and z), and make one of its vertices on
the origin of the coordinate system. But I don't know whether there are
methods in VTK that can be used to realize this purpose ? Or does anyone
have any other ideas on judging the relationship between the point and the
cube ?

Thank you very much for your ideas !

--

Best Regards!

Rong Xu,  Ph.D Student
Ohya Lab
Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication
Studies (GITS), Waseda University
1-6-1 Nishi Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan (¨“169-8050)

Tel:          +81-80-4208-1207
E-mail:     xurong1981 at gmail.com
               xurong at fuji.waseda.jp