[vtkusers] Find if a point is inside a mesh

Claudia Ferreira claudiasmf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:17:55 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I created a triangle mesh using ITK (itk::BinaryMask3DMeshSource) and then
converted it to a vtkPolyData since I needed to use ModifiedBSPTree for
Line-Mesh intersection. Now, I need to check if several random points are
inside or outside this closed mesh. Is there any method implemented in VTK
to do this?
This mesh can be very irregular, so I'm not confident that using
IntersectWithLine for this purpose, being the first point the one I want to
check and the second a very distant point, will be a good solution or a
fast one (huge number of points to check).

Any ideas? Shall I try to use ITK for this purpose?

Thanks,
Claudia