[vtkusers] How to crop a 3D model?

Wenlong scc.wwl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:33:20 EDT 2012

Hi, David,

Thank you for your suggestions. I think that fits my problem.

Can I ask an extention question?

My goal is to map the texture onto the face model and crop it. I'd like to
get a smaller model and a corresponding smaller texture covers the same area
as the model. Like I described before, I need to crop the face model into a
smaller one, so the texture image after cropping should cover from left
cheek to right cheek and from chin to eyebrows as well.

My question is, would the result model adjust its texture coordinates
automatically? Because after the cropping, the point index could be
different from the original ones. For example, in original model the point
at the nose tip could have the ID 123. But as the model is cropped, the
order of the point at nose tip could be changed to ID 100. That means the
texture coordinates in the original model expires.

Thank you very much for your kindly help. I do appreciate it a lot.

Best wishes
Wenlong