[vtkusers] Differences in MIP between GPU and CPU Ray caster

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 07:03:31 EDT 2012

Hi all,

A quick update on this in case anyone else hits a similar issue. It turns
out that this was to do with me calling SetColor with a
vtkPiecewiseFunction. I changed this to a vtkColorTransferFunction set to
all white for the pixel value range and this works fine for me now. This
doesn't explain the original difference between the GPU and software ray
casters, but if I was using them incorrectly it would be a bit unresonable
to expect consistent results!

Thanks, Ian Lindsay