[vtkusers] How to crop a 3D model?

Wenlong scc.wwl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:23:43 EDT 2012

Hi, David

Thank you very much for your reply.

What I want to achieve is to cut a smaller area from the big model. For
example, my current model contains 7710 points and it covers from left ear
to right ear and from the chin to the forehead. I don't need such a big
area. So I need to cut it and make the result covers from left cheek to
right cheek and from chin to eyebrows. Also I need to make the number of
points is 5090.

The original model (bigger) is from .wrl files and the result I'd like to
write it as .vtk files.

Anther thing I worry about is if I need to re-create the texture coordinates
to fit the result models.

Thank you very much for your kindly help. I am looking forward to hear from
you.

Best regards
Wenlong