[vtkusers] vtkCameraInterpolator linear interp doesn't work

Sean Larkin sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Tue Apr 17 15:46:55 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using C# Activiz to use vtk.  I would like to create a movie from
screenshots of a rendered volume.  I am using vtkCameraRepresentation and
vtkCameraInterpolator and the current vtkCamera.  I rotate the volume
manually and then add that view to the vtkCameraRepresentation with
"AddToCameraPath()".  After I have added a number of views I would like to
preview this animation, so I call "AnimatePath()" (after setting the number
of frames).  When I use spline interpolation for the vtkCameraInterpolator,
a preview movie is generated in the render window.  The problem with this is
that spline interpolation over or undershoots one of the view components, as
I often get a zoom in or out in the generated preview movie when I didn't
even do any zooming between views.  So I thought that I would try liner
interpolation, but it doesn't even produce a preview movie.  Rather, the
render window just goes black and nothing seems to happen.  Why does linear
interpolation fail like this?  And does anyone know how I could perform the
interpolation on my own to avoid these strange zoom interpolation issues?

Thanks,

Sean Larkin