[vtkusers] QVTKWidget2 and wheel Event

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Apr 17 14:27:56 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:07:58 pm Doug Hoppes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                 I'm using the example of the VTK inside of a QGraphicsView
> and can't seem to get the VTK system to respond to the mouse events
> (specifically, the wheel event).  I tried having the QT widget pass the
> wheel event to QVTKWidget2, but it's a protected function.  Anybody have
> any idea what I'm missing?

The docs for QGraphicsView explain how to "provide your own custom scene
interaction."  If the QVTKWidget2 is your viewport widget, and you want it to
get those events, that falls under custom scene interaction.  By default the
events are passed through the QGraphicsScene and onto the QGraphicsItems.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc