[vtkusers] Activiz .NET non-commercial version(5.4.2) Embedding Problem

bnsteel bnsteel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:49:12 EDT 2012

The Designer on Visual Studio requires you to use "Any CPU".  If you are
using 64 bit or 32 bit mode, you can't use it.  I downloaded the Activiz and
found the file for the RenderWindowControl.cs and included it in my project
on it's own.  Then I created a panel, and passed it to the
RenderWindowControl when I create a new one.

in your application/form create a load method, create the render control
with a panel, and pass it to the vtk control class

       void MyApplication_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          // your startup stuff

          RenderWindowControl renderWindowControl1 = new
RenderWindowControl(myPanel3d);
          MyVtkController.setRenderControl(renderWindowControl1 );
        }

// in RenderWindowControl.cs
 public RenderWindowControl(System.Windows.Forms.Panel aPanel)
        {
            InitializeComponent(aPanel);
        }

I don't remember if I modified it any, but wouldn't think you would need to
other than to make it a part of your project (and namespace).