[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid::FindCell() fails to find pyramid cells on a Fujitsu FX10 (non-x86) platform?

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 17 02:23:46 EDT 2012

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. In fact I was using different versions of
vtkPyramid for the SPARC and the x86 platforms (the former from
exactly PV 3.14.1, the latter from a bit older git-master version
around Jan.-Feb. of this year) and had missed a recent commit
6332bbee82445ed5a3c6cce81c0675f152ee8649 that was supposed to fix
gradient issue at apex of a pyramid. Obviously, the commit requires
another fix as attached. With the fix my program now works.

I attached the same patch to the corresponding entry in the tracker:
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12917

Thanks,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN