[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid::FindCell() fails to find pyramid cells on a Fujitsu FX10 (non-x86) platform?

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 16 08:43:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

We have built VTK as a part of ParaView 3.14.1 on a Fujitsu FX10
platform (SPARC64 IXfx). The built library mostly works, but for my
program vtkUnstructuredGrid::FindCell() fails to find pyramid cells in
my hex/pyramid/tetra-composite mesh. Contrarily, the same program
works as expected on a x86 platform (Mac OS X 64bit).

I have searched through the FindCell() code for cell type specific
function calls and had a suspicion that vtkPyramid::EvaluatePosition()
(which FindCell() should internally be calling as a virtual function)
had an uninitialized variable or something but could not find anything
wrong. So far I am completely lost.

Has anyone experienced (and solved) a similar problem? Any ideas or
thoughts?

Platform: Fujitsu FX10 (SPARC64 IXfx)
VTK version: VTK included in ParaView 3.14.1
CMake version: 2.8.7
Compiler: Fujitsu's FCCpx (cross-compilation on an x86 Linux platform)
FCCpx_ENV (the compiler options): -Kfast -Xg -std=gnu++98

Thanks,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN