[vtkusers] Vertex Position from vtkGraphLayoutView ? vtkRenderedGraphRepresentation::Layout is protected

KrishnaPG KrishnaPG at Yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 21:40:15 EDT 2012

Ok. As a user I cannot access the laid out content of the view.

But I need at-least my vtkInteractor or vtkInteractorStyle have access to
that represented data to interact with it. Is there any mechanism
vtkInteractorStyle  can access the layout of vtkRenderedGraphRepresentation?

I got the 'encapsulation' part, but I am not sure if its right. Or may be I
am missing some point. In this encapsulated design what is the proposed way
to 'interact' with the 'laid out'/'represented' graph data?

It seems vtkRenderedGraphRepresentation doesnt give access to anybody apart
from its own parent hierarchy. Its like once the layout is done that result
data is hidden from all.

How are others doing this? How are they achieving 'interaction' with
vertices of laid-out graphs. What would it need to 'move' a vertex in the
view that is already 'laid out'? (please do not ask me to layout myself - I
am not that good. Isn't that the reason why I am using VTK, instead of
toasting my brains ..haha..)

Thank you.