[vtkusers] vtkGraphLayoutView linker error

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Fri Apr 13 08:19:43 EDT 2012

Hi all,

                Well, figured out the issue with the linking of the OpenGL stuff (forgot to copy the new VTK dll's over my old one).  So, thanks for the responses.  Another problem has not cropped up.

                Using the VTK/QGraphicsView example, I tried using the code:

      GraphLayoutView.TakeReference(vtkGraphLayoutView::New());
      GraphLayoutView->SetInteractor(this->GetInteractor());
      GraphLayoutView->SetRenderWindow(this->GetRenderWindow());

                I'm getting a linker error: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkGraphLayoutView * __cdecl vtkGraphLayoutView::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkGraphLayoutView@@SAPEAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: __cdecl GraphLayoutViewItem::GraphLayoutViewItem(class QGLContext *,class QGraphicsItem *)" (??0GraphLayoutViewItem@@QEAA at PEAVQGLContext@@PEAVQGraphicsItem@@@Z)

       From some google research, this seems to be a known problem, but no solution. Any ideas?  If the example for the VTK/QGraphicsView doesn't work, is there another solution?

Doug