[vtkusers] vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstructionunresolvedexternal symbol

Bayliss, Chris (Chicago) cbayliss at gnresound.com
Mon Apr 9 11:50:10 EDT 2012

Bill,

I have been able to resolve the missing .dll file by deleting my vtk files and re-building.

My code and vtk builds without any warnings, however, I am still having trouble getting output from the PowerCrust filter.

My code is below.  Am I doing something wrong?

vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction * newtemplatemesh = vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction::New();
newtemplatemesh->SetInput(newtemplatepd);
newtemplatemesh->GetMedialSurface();
newtemplatemesh->Update();

std::cout << " PowerCrust line read" << std::endl;

when I run my program, it seems to freeze at the powercrust lines.  "powercrust line read" does not get printed to the command prompt.  I also have code to render the powercrust surface as well as some other output, which works without the powercrust lines, but nothing gets rendered when the powercrust lines are included.

Does this algorithm take an extremely long time to run, or am I using it improperly?

Thanks,

Chris