[vtkusers] vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.

Kalpathi Subramanian krs at uncc.edu
Fri Apr 6 12:07:04 EDT 2012

I am trying to port some of my old code to Mac OSX Lion(64bit). This
includes
the bridge code between vtk and fltk.  I am having a hard time getting this
to work on the Mac OSX. In particular I have tracked it down to the
Iniitialize()
call of the renderwindow interactor.  It seems like I have to do this
initialization
after the fl windows  show() call (else it crashes), but the
Initialize() doesnt
create the window within the window. My latest code snippet simply doesnt
create the vtk canvas at all. Any mouse inputs to the window causes
error messages
(Timer start failed)

Anyone has an example that is working that they can share - I can then
pattern my
code on that.

I have ensured that vtk (5.8) and fltk (1.3) independently work fine --
tested
examples, so those  have no issues. Its combining the two together thats
been
frustrating.

Thanks.

     -- krs