[vtkusers] 3D image convolution with Kernel 20x20x20

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Apr 2 15:05:47 EDT 2012

Martin,

In case you switch to ITK, you can use the ConvolutionImageFilter and
FFTConvolutionImageFilter for your 20x20x20 kernel. See

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConvolutionImageFilter.html

and

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FFTConvolutionImageFilter.html

Cory

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Martin Dulovits
<martin.dulovits at woogieworks.at> wrote:
> What ist the way to go to convolute a volume with a 20x20x20 kernel in vtk ?
> Is it possible or do I have to switch to ITK ?? Is it possible in ITK ?
> Somewhere on the thread I read that vtkImageConvolve is restricted to 7x7x7.
> Is this still valid ?
>
> thx for any help
>
> martin

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ