[vtkusers] Fwd: Apply tube filter to vtkPlot

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:46:45 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Apply tube filter to vtkPlot
To: Jothy <jothybasu at gmail.com>

AFAIK, you can set the line thickness, color and opacity, but the vtkChart
plots are drawn using a 2D context scene, not the usual VTK 3D rendering, so
you can't render them as tubes. (Also, because they are built for speed,
they use OpenGL line and sprite drawing, and as far as I've seen you can't
apply anti-aliasing.)

There are other ways of turning your data into tubes and using the standard
VTK rendering, I think, if you really want that, though. (But haven't tried
it myself.)

-Eric

· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group

On Sep 30, 2011, at 9:36 AM, Jothy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering whether it is possible to apply vtkTubeFilter to the line
produced by vtkPlot rendered in vtkChartXY.

> Right now the plots look good, but not very attractive with the default
settings.

> Thanks
>
> Jothy

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ