[vtkusers] Render .RAW file using VTK .NET wrapper

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Sep 30 09:19:13 EDT 2011

Hello,

vtkImageReader2 can be used to read raw files:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageReader2.html

There is a small bit of code on that page, plus links to examples and tests which use that class for reading.

There is a nice wiki full of examples: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples with some volume rendering examples on the C++ page. There is also a Volume Rendering example that comes with Activiz.NET.

Most of the VTK examples you find will be in C++ (or Python or Tcl), so you'll have to get used to translating those code pieces into C# since a much lower percentage of people use .NET for VTK.

Good luck,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group