[vtkusers] Using codes from vtk journals

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:38:56 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Sungmin Hong <sungmin.hong85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to make a 3D-mesh out of point sets.
>

> While I have been struggling, I have found these codes from vtk journals.
>
> http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/708
>
> http://www.midasjournal.org/browse/publication/713
>

> But when I simply copy and paste these header files to the vtk/include
> folder, I have LNK2019 errors.
>

> It looks like there is something that I should do before I just paste header
> files, but I have no idea what to do.
>

> Is there anybody who can help me out please?
>

> Any advices or comments are very appreciated.
>

> --
>
> Sungmin Hong
>
> Master Student
>
> Seoul National University
>
> Seoul, Korea

You do not need to put those files in the VTK directory. Each article
should come with an example, something like PointSet...Example.cxx.
There is an accompanying CMakeLists.txt which will find VTK and use it
to compile the article code (directly in the directory you downloaded
it in) as well as compile the provided example that demonstrates the
functionality.

If you did want to place the files in the VTK directory so they
compile "inside" your VTK build, you would also have to add the cxx
files to the appropriate CMakeLists.txt file in the VTK/[directory]
folder.

David