[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with Mingw64 ?

Blaine frikker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:27:58 EDT 2011

Yes I did. Built QT from source.

At this point I'm trying to only build VTK default from source without QT...
I'll get to QT once I confirm I can build VTK on its own. I have confidence
that this will work but I still have this (hopefully easy to solve) header
problem:
In file included from C:/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/Include/winn
t.h:28:0,
                 from C:/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/Include/wind
ef.h:177,
                 from C:/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/Include/wind
ows.h:155,
                 from C:/work/VTK/Common/vtkWindows.h:58,
                 from C:/work/VTK-build-vanilla2/Rendering/vtkgl.h:21,
                 from C:\work\VTK\Rendering\vtkColorMaterialHelper.cxx:22:
C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/Include/specstrings.h:9:19:
fatal
*error: sal.h: No such file or directory*
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make[2]: ***
[Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkColorMaterialHelp
er.cxx.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Any tips on how to get cmake to find sal.h? I do have sal.h inside this
directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include

but i can't figure out how to let cmake know it's there. I have that
directory added to my path but so far that doesn't do anything. Adding a
manual -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include to
cmake's compiler options seems dirty.

... then again i'm not sure why it is depending on sal.h in a microsoft
visual studio folder if we're using mingw...

Blaine