[vtkusers] vtkContourFilter behaviour question...

Mathieu Coursolle mathieu at rogue-research.com
Wed Sep 28 13:21:55 EDT 2011

Hi VTK users,

I am currently using vtkContourFilter to create a polydata from a binary 3D image.

I works fine for most of my datasets, except that I recently got datasets where there is binary data up to the edge of the dataset.
The worst case is a 3D dataset for which all voxels have the same non-zero value (e.g. 1).

I am looking for a behaviour where running the contour algorithm on such a dataset would result in a cubic polydata. I instead get an empty polydata.

Is there a way to get the expected behaviour with vtkContourFilter? Or another algorithm?

Thank you,

Mathieu