[vtkusers] End locations of vtkStreamTracer

Tijmen Klein T.R.Klein at student.rug.nl
Tue Sep 27 09:10:12 EDT 2011

A little update on my own question. I am now able to find the end location
of a streamline, as long as I use 1 input point (setStartPosition() instead
of setSource() ). I can find the end point using this trick:

double* stopPosition;
long numPoints = streamer->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfPoints();
stopPosition = streamer->GetOutput()->GetPoint(numPoints-1);

I can then use this stopPosition for the setStartPosition() method.
Unfortunately, this does not work with multiple inputs. Is there anyone who
could help me on that? Ofcouse, I could create an array of vtkStreamTracers,
each one only tracing a single input point. This should work, but feels
really ugly.

Cheers,
Tijmen