[vtkusers] 3D image reconstruction in the operating room

mailagentrus mailagentrus at mail.ru
Mon Sep 26 02:18:26 EDT 2011

Hello! Can VTK+ITK help with reconstruction 3D image in operating room? For
example: we have X-ray unit. In the first start this x-ray unit makes
rotation on 180 degrees with hight contrast -> we have 180 images (one image
per 1 degree).

Can we in real time mode get the segmented volume with image from x-ray unit
with image witout contrast? I want to use this with respect to heart. For
example (Philips):
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n4840334/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9.png

Or, how to realize the possibility of this video "Build experience for
structural heart disease procedures:" on Philips web-site:
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/main/products/interventional_xray/Product/interventional_cardiac_surgery/interventional_tools/heartnavigator/index.wpd

It's hard work, I understand, but цhere should I start using VTK and ITK?