[vtkusers] vtkStreamTracer Multiple start positions

Tijmen Klein T.R.Klein at student.rug.nl
Fri Sep 23 10:33:28 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering what the easiest method is to specify multiple start
positions for a vtkStreamTracer. For example, if I want to trace 5 lines
from 5 arbitrary start positions, what would be the most convenient way to
do this? This will probably involve the setSource() or SetSourceConnection()
method, but I do not know how to specify arbitrary input points for these
method. The examples don't show this either, one uses a single point as
input, the other a vtkLineSource and vtkPointSource (which is for random
points).

Cheers,
Tijmen