[vtkusers] How to connect vtk mouse interaction class with QT UI

Xiaopeng Yang yxp233 at postech.ac.kr
Fri Sep 23 08:16:20 EDT 2011

Dear Users,

I would like to render my qvtkWidget when I right click the mouse. But the
following code has error in the red line. Could you point out where I made a
mistake?

And also I would like to execute addpoint() when I right click the mouse. So
I tried the code in green line. But it also had error. Do you how to execute
addpoint by the mouse interaction?

SimpleView::SimpleView()

{

     this->ui = new Ui_SimpleView;

     this->ui->setupUi(this);

}

SimpleView:: addpoint()

{

}

class MouseInteractorStylePP : public vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera

{

public:

    static MouseInteractorStylePP* New();

    vtkTypeMacro(MouseInteractorStylePP, vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera);

virtual void OnRightButtonDown()

{

this->Interactor->GetPicker()->Pick(this->Interactor->GetEventPosition()[0],

                         this->Interactor->GetEventPosition()[1],

                         0,

this->Interactor->GetRenderWindow()->GetRenderers()->GetFirstRenderer());

         double picked[3];

         this->Interactor->GetPicker()->GetPickPosition(picked);

         std::cout << "Picked value: " << picked[0] << " " << picked[1] << "
" << picked[2] << std::endl;

         this->ui->qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->Render();  ?? Error here

         SimpleView *workspace = (SimpleView*)ClientData; //ClientData:
undefined

         workspace->addPoint();

}

Thanks a lot!