[vtkusers] Multi threading

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:41:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

if you derive your image filters from vtkThreadedImageAlgorithm, you gain
multithreading capabilities :
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkThreadedImageAlgorithm.html

For custom multithreaded execution, there exists a dedicated VTK object:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMultiThreader.html

I use it efficiently together with vtkMutexLock.

HTH
Jerome