[vtkusers] Aborting observers in python

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:59:55 EDT 2011

Hi Wayne,

Around a year ago I did a little bit of work on improving vtkCommand
in python, but it has been low priority.  It might be possible to
access a command object in python if you are willing to play with the
VTK source code a bit.

In Wrapping/vtkWrapPython.c remove the following line and recompile VTK:

3090:          (strcmp(theFunc->Name, "GetCommand") == 0) ||

Then try adding an observer in python and retrieving the command object:

commandID = obj.AddObserver(eventID, callback)
command = obj.GetCommand(commandID)

If this works for you, then let me know.

 - David