[vtkusers] Problem with Offscreen Rendering in Ubuntu

Андрей Траченко goodrone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:22:27 EDT 2011

Hello!

I've got a modern Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Server (installed on a Virtualbox),
compiled VTK 5.6.1 with Python and VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA, and without
VTK_USE_X.

I'm trying to render images on this server from Python. The
unsturctured grid is loaded from a .vtu file, rendered and saved with
vtkWindowToImageFilter and vtkPNGWriter.

The result I get looks very strange. Does anybody have an idea what
might have gone wrong? This problem is quite urgent to me, so any
ideas are highly appreciated.

Two images are attached to this post (weird and expected images), and
also available at:
http://clck.ru/LExR and http://clck.ru/LExn

Thank you,
Andrew