[vtkusers] vtkImageData of arrays to vtkImageData of vectors

Garin, Alba agarin at ceit.es
Tue Sep 20 10:12:28 EDT 2011

Good morning,

i am trying to visualize glyphs with vtk and itk that represent the main diffusion direction of my dicom images. I read the dicoms and i get an oriented image with Vectors of unsigned short as pixel type. I can visualize properly this information in color maps representing the orientation of each voxel with RGB.

The problem starts when i want to represent the directionality with lines, glyphs or others. I figured out why i have this problem and i know i need a vector per voxel in the vtkImageData that i use as input in the (for example) vtkStreamLine class. The thing is that i convert itk::OrientedImage to vtkImageData with the itkImageToVTKImageFilter, and i get an vtkImageData as output with scalars in each voxel, 3 scalars per voxel (an array) instead of a vector of 3 component in each voxel.

Is there any way to set the filter to convert into an image of vector instead of image of arrays?

Can i convert my vtkImageData of arrays to an vtkImageData of vectors?

Thanks in advance,

Alba

Alba Garin Muga

Computer Science PhD Student

Applied Mechanics Department

Paseo Manuel Lardizabal, 15
20018 Donostia-San Sebastian. Spain
Tel.  +34 943 212 800  (Ext. 2111)
Fax: +34 943 213 076
Web: www.ceit.es<http://www.ceit.es/>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC77B0.17E7FA10]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC77B0.17E7FA10]

Antes de imprimir este e-mail piense bien si es necesario hacerlo. El medioambiente es cosa de todos.
Before printing this e-mail ask yourself if you really need a hard copy. We are all responsible for the environment.