[vtkusers] Scale Image Values to [0,1]

HansAusBremen hansausbremen at gmx.net
Tue Sep 20 08:59:58 EDT 2011

I found a function that might return just what I am looking for.
But when I tried to use it I got a pointer exception ("scalars" seems not to
be filled with data).

This is the function I found
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/ImageData/IterateImageData here (at
the bottom of the example)  and integrated into my code:

I wrote:

> vtkImageReader2 reader
> .
> .
> .
> vtkIntArray* scalars =
> vtkIntArray::SafeDownCast(reader->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetArray("ImageScalars"));
> int num = (int) scalars->GetNumberOfComponents();

Is it the right function? (returns the number of different values in my
data)
Do I use the function correctly?
What is wrong?