[vtkusers] converting from vtk to itk and back again

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:19:47 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

I wonder whether you can use vtkImageToImageFilter to hold the image data
from the exporter.

Any way I use the itkVTKImageToImageFilter to do the conversion and it works
well for me.

Here is the snippet

typedef itk::Image<unsigned int,3> ImageType;

     typedef itk::VTKImageToImageFilter<ImageType>VTKImageToImageType;

     VTKImageToImageType::Pointer converter=VTKImageToImageType::New();

     converter->SetInput(stencil2->GetOutput());

     converter->Update();

Jothybasu K Selvaraj
PhD Student
University of Liverpool