[vtkusers] Re : Enable/Disable Offscreen rendering

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Sep 19 10:40:05 EDT 2011

To take a snapshot of the app, QPixmap::grabWidget() is supposed to work.
Have you tried that?
QVTKWidget will take the onscreen pixels and put it in that QPixmap, while the
other QWidgets will paint themselves into the QPixmap.
If you want to use offscreen, I suppose you could set the offscreen flag, then
still call QPixmap::grabWidget().

Clint

On Monday, September 19, 2011 05:56:17 am Malsoaz James wrote:
> I would like to take screenshots of the entire Qt window containing the vtk
> scene. The solution with vtkWindowToImageFilter can only be used to take
> screenshots of the vtk scene not for my entire user interface.
>
> Thus, the screenshot process is made using Qt.
>

> ________________________________
> De : peterm <madapeti at gmail.com>
> À : vtkusers at vtk.org
> Envoyé le : Lundi 19 Septembre 2011 12h13
> Objet : Re: [vtkusers] Enable/Disable Offscreen rendering
>
> Dear James,
>
> vtkWindowToImageFilter can save the content of the selected render window.
> Actually how else did you manage to save the window content if not using
> it?
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Nabble.com.