[vtkusers] 64bit indexing problem with vtkImageData

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:06:16 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

Fortunately, the "git blame" command can answer questions like these
fairly quickly.  In the vtkImageData method that printed the error, just
after line 2117, I found this:

11b22c6c Filtering/vtkImageData.cxx (2009-09-11 2122) vtkIdType idx;

This tells me than in a 2009 bug fix, an important variable was
changed to vtkIdType.  Your best bet is to upgrade to VTK 5.6 or
VTK 5.8, both of which include this bug fix.

 - David