[vtkusers] Building with VS 2008, many .lib files missing; can't link properly

Blaine frikker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:49:23 EDT 2011

Hello vtkusers,

As a last resort, I'm bumping this. Does anyone have any suggestions? If
not, I will have to try something else.

All I really need to do is build our project source that uses vtk. I
downloaded the binary VTK install for windows but I didn't see any header
files (library only) so I couldn't build against it. I'm from the linux
world, so what I really want to do is install the equivalent of (I think)
libvtk5-qt4-dev

My only real requirement is QT compatibility. Is there a binary with Qt
available that also includes the header files? Otherwise I'll probably just
need to pull out all the headers manually from the vtk source tree for my
project to build against, and hope it runs with the binary library I
installed, but that seems a bit unclean.

Thanks!
Blaine