[vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: Kitware is hiring

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Sep 14 09:10:30 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

If you are interested in a position at Kitware, please review the
posting below. Responses go to jobs at kitware.com. Also see
http://www.kitware.com/company/jobopps.html. Specifically, see the
following positions:

- GUI and Application Software Developer
- HPC Visualization and Data Analysis Software Developer
- Informatics Researcher
- Informatics Software Developer

-berk

-----------

Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking talented software professionals to
work with leaders in the fields of scientific visualization,
informatics, 3D data publishing, and technical software development.
Candidates will create, develop and improve leading edge software
solutions in the context of an open-source development model, with the
goals of fostering extended, collaborative communities to provide
flexible, low-cost technical solutions.

By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment
with exceptionally talented co-workers; and collaborate with esteemed
researchers from around the world by:
 - providing technical expertise and implementation skills in
research, development, software creation and customer support;
 - designing and developing new software in visualization, graphics,
image processing, and computational sciences; and
 - implementing, documenting, analyzing, creating and modifying
computer systems or programs.

This is an opportunity for you to contribute your exceptional skill in
C++; your knowledge of other programming languages such as C, Java,
and/or Python; your knowledge of software development
processes/environments including MS Visual Studio, gcc, make,
CMake/CDash, and/or XCode; and your ability to develop software for
Linux, Mac OS and/or Windows operating systems to large open-source
projects and communities such as ParaView, VTK, ITK, and CMake.

Kitware team members enjoy our small company environment, flexibility
in work assignments, and the high levels of independence and
responsibility.  Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive
benefits package includes flexible working hours, six weeks paid time
off, a personal computer hardware budget, 401(k), health insurance,
life insurance, short- and long-term disability, visa processing, a
generous compensation plan (that compensates employees for all hours
worked – not just the first 40), profit sharing, and free coffee,
drinks and snacks.

For the right software developers, we are always hiring.  Please email
your cover letter and resume to jobs at kitware.com for immediate
consideration.

Kitware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly supports
Affirmative Action.  Please, no recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract.