[vtkusers] get selected area's point coordinates

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:27:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM, czbebe <oka at bpe.es.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> My anxiety is ids will be changed in case of clipping cutting surface.
> Because points on the surface may not the same as original figure's
> (for example cuboid) points. I tried to get ids by rubberband, but
> their ids are differnet from original ids. So, id is not trusted and
> I want to get points' coordinates of selected points for which
> original ids will be guessed.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Oka

You want to get the points original Ids right? That is exactly what
using the IdFilter will do for you - the points that get selected will
indeed have new ids in the clipped data, but the Array that the
IdFilter generated will not be changed - the original id associated
with the points will indeed match the actual original point's id.

David