[vtkusers] Creating Curved MPR Image

Eyal Ben-Ishai eyalbi007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:14:06 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I've been trying to create curved MPR image (2D) from a 3D greyscale volume,
so far without success. I have two inputs: one is the volume (.mhd + raw),
which I read using vtkMetaImageReader, and a text file containing the points
where this volume should be sampled, in a which I read and then create
vtkPoints from it.

I tried two ways of sampling the volume: one is using vtkStructuredGrid, the
other is using vtkPolyData. In both methods I didn't get to a stage where I
can display a meaningful result.

Can anyone please assist? I'm new to VTK and couldn't fine a anywhere piece
of code that does that...

Thanks.