[vtkusers] Program crashes with 5.8.0, but works with 5.6.1

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:21:59 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I am trying to switch to VTK 5.8.0, but my program crashes with it. I also
tried using this
example<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/itkVtkImageConvertDICOM>with
5.8.0, but it also crashes whereas it works normally with 5.6.1.

The example crashes on line 72:
mat->SetElement(i,k, d(i,k));
with "Access violation reading location 0xffffffffffffffff."

Am I the only one with such experiences? Has anyone else tried 5.8.0? Is it
maybe somehow tied to my environment and other settings?

Box: Win7, VS2010, ITK4 (git version), both ITK and VTK compiled statically
for x64 target using Qt 4.7.4, nVidia drivers 270.81 on GTX280 card.

Regards,
Dženan