[vtkusers] Can VTK handle 1GB data?

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:00:44 EDT 2011

HI,

I found this link here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

It is mentioned that,

Limits on physical memory for 32-bit platforms also depend on the Physical
Address Extension<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366796%28v=VS.85%29.aspx>(PAE),
which allows 32-bit Windows systems to use more than 4 GB of physical
memory.

and

4-gigabyte tuning (4GT), also known as application memory tuning, or the
/3GB switch, is a technology (only applicable to 32 bit systems) that alters
the amount of virtual address space available to user mode applications.
Enabling this technology reduces the overall size of the system virtual
address space and therefore system resource maximums.

Will this help me to achieve my task? Did anyone came across such situation?

Thanks