[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor and opencv

Anant Vemuri ajar108 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:37:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using opencv with vtk and i have a loop for opencv to do some
processing on images and using that information to modify the vtk window.
However, I am not able to keep the interactor on vtk window while I run the
opencv loop.

When I do interactor->Start(), it starts an event loop by itself and any
further processing is stopped until I click "q". But after I exit the
interactor by clicking 'q' I cannot do any interaction in the window like
zoom in and zoom out or rotate the scene.

I browsed through the forums and some examples on VTK documentation and came
across some ideas others have expressed.

   - Using interactor->CreateRepeatingTimer()
   - Using mutiple threads.

I was wondering if anyone has some ideas on this matter, or encountered a
similar issue.

Thank you.
Anant.