[vtkusers] vtkPropPicker problem

Wayne Christopher wayne at 4raccoons.com
Thu Sep 8 18:51:32 EDT 2011

I'm using vtkPropPicker to render polydata with lines.  PickProp is
returning success and GetPickPosition is giving me a position somewhere
on the ray defined by my mouse position, but it's way outside of the
bounding box of the actor.  Is this supposed to work?  I see the problem
on Linux both with mesa and native OpenGL.

Am I correct in assuming that vtkPropPicker is the only way to do what I
want (i.e. get a world position corresponding to some pixel that's being
rendered on the screen, whether it's a cell, point, or line)?

     Wayne