[vtkusers] how to get QVTKWidget (to work)

mihails milehins mmmilehins at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:34:37 EDT 2011

Dear All,

I am new to VTK and I am trying to get VTK and Qt work together. However, I
cannot seem to install/find QVTKWidget on my computer. Unfortunately, I had
installed VTK before installing Qt. However, I reconfigured VTK and made it
with VTK_USE_QT, VTK_USE_GUI_SUPPORT on. I have also specified a correct
qmake directory. However, when I try to make the Qt example (standard one),
I get an error:
 fatal error: QVTKWidget.h: No such file or directory
I tried looking for QVTKWidget.h file and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
Also, when I reconfigure VTK in cmake I do not have VTK_USE_QVTK option
available (even after reconfiguring it with VTK_USE_GUI_SUPPORT ON).
Note: I use Linux Mint 11.

Thanks for your help.
Mihail