[vtkusers] Light intensity of particular point

Wenlong Wang scc.wwl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:30:39 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I've posted this issue once, but the problem has not been solved.

I have a 3D poly date object, I'd like to extract the light intensity of a
particular point. But I checked the documents and didn't find any function
to do this.

Now I find vtkPolyDataNormals which provides the normals of all points on
the mesh. Then I can use these normals and vtkLight properties to calculate
the light intensity of a particular point.

However, this would consume a lot of work to finish.

Do you know any vtk functions could solve the problem? I really appreciate
your kindly help.

Best wishes
Wenlong