[vtkusers] Problems with VTK_WRAP_TCL

N David Brown hubdave at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:01:12 EDT 2011

I need to generate vtkCommonTCL.dll thus have enabled VTK_WRAP_TCL in CMake.
The other changes from default I have are:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS => yes
VTK_USE_PARALLEL => yes

At linking stage in Visual Studio 2008 I get this:

*Creating library
C:\Users\David\Projects\Crystallography\Crystallography\lib\vtkbin\bin\Debug\vtkCommonTCL.lib
and object
C:\Users\David\Projects\Crystallography\Crystallography\lib\vtkbin\bin\Debug\vtkCommonTCL.exp
4>vtkTreeMapLayoutStrategy.cxx
8>vtkAngleWidgetTest1.cxx
2>vtkTclUtil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Tcl_DeleteCommand
2>vtkTypeFloat64ArrayTcl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Tcl_DeleteCommand
2>vtkArrayTcl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Tcl_DeleteCommand
2>vtkWin32OutputWindowTcl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__Tcl_DeleteCommand
....*

The errors continue with more '*__imp__Tcl_DeleteCommand*' references.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I haven't set any custom environment
variables relating to Tcl/Tk.

Thanks for your time.

David