[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor - how to disable autorepeat for keyboard

Laurent Mundeleer laurent.mundeleer at uclouvain.be
Tue Sep 6 04:12:21 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,
I'm facing a problem with the vtkRenderWindowInteractor, which I have
connected to slots with vtkEventQtSlotConnect. It's working, but :
the problem is that when a keyboard key is pressed, I receive continous
event "pressed"-"released"-"pressed"-"released" even if the key is not
released but kept pressed. I'm not encoutering the same problem with
mouse buttons for instance.
Is there a way to disable this "autorepeat" mechanism for keyboard keys
in vtk ?
I understand it can be useful when we keep an arrow pressed for example
to have continuous events propagated, but it doesn't suit my needs.

Thanks,

Laurent Mundeleer