[vtkusers] Intersection of cylinders

Quang Tran quangt.itbk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:03:38 EDT 2011

Hi,
You should use vtkImplicitBoolean and vtkClipPolyData to do this task. One
of cylinder must be modeling to implicit function (you should use
vtkCylinder and make any transform if necessary), set this implicit
function as an input of the clipper (vtkClipPolydata), see SetClipFunction;
the other cylinder is input parameter of SetInput function of clipper.
After that you will have a result of this clipper as vtkPolyData. I think
this result is what you need.

You should use vtkCylinder rather than vtkCylinderSource because vtkCylinder
is an implicit function and can use for clipping.

/Quang