[vtkusers] Mouse button release is still broken in 5.8.0 !

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Oct 31 16:57:58 EDT 2011

For some VTK users, this comes up often when adding an observer to the
interactor style.  The interactor style calls vtkObject::SetFocus() so only it
gets the mouse release event, and other observers don't.  One workaround is to
add the observer to the interactor instead of the interactor style.  Perhaps
another way is to modify the event focus.

Perhaps this is your problem.

On Monday, October 31, 2011 02:25:05 pm Sebastien Jourdain wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> I get that but when I was monitoring the event that was happening on a
> C++ observer, I've noticed the following order.
>
> LeftButtonPressEvent
> StartInteractionEvent
> ModifiedEvent
> EndInteractionEvent
> RenderEvent
>
> So despite the fact that ReleaseEvent is not properly propagated (even
> in the C++ layer), I was wondering if you could rely on the
> EndInteractionEvent while we fix this bug ? Because, this event seems
> to map at the release time...
>
> Does it make sense ?
>
> At lease let me know if this could fix your issue temporarily...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seb
>
> PS: If I get more time, I will track down the reason why the
> ReleaseEvent get digested...
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM, EvilMax <maxim.privalov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, Sebastien!
> >
> > I need to implement dragging of an actors, so I really need to track
> > mouse button release event.
> >
> > --
> > archive at Nabble.com.
> > Powered by www.kitware.com