[vtkusers] Hidden Surface Removal And return vtkPolyData struct

Quang Tran quangt.security at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 03:57:56 EDT 2011

Hi David,

I think your example only used to extract the outer surface by using
vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter with a seed  point when there are many
surfaces combined into a vtkPolyData.

My problem is have to remove hidden surface and return the result as a
vtkPolyData. I think in this case I should use a perspective transform or
use BSP tree. But now I don't know exactly how to implement this (don't use
z-buffer here).

I need a vtk Filter with input is a vtkPolyData and a view point; output is
also a vtkPolyData with hidden surface removed.

Thank you very much and hope have more solutions.

/Quang.