[vtkusers] Alternative to MLS algorithm

nuno.jf nunofernandes7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:14:20 EDT 2011

Dear users,

As there's no implementation of the Moving Least Squares algorithm in vtk,
what do you think of using vtkSmoothPolydataFilter in order to estimate a
surface of a certain point cloud? The point cloud on which I want to test
this, resulted from the alignment of several clouds that came from a 3D
scanner. Due to misalignment, I don't have a good thin surface, instead, I
have an inner and an outer surface.
Or do you suggest another approach to solve this problem?
Thank you all.
BR,

Nuno